If an Italian citizen not resident in Norway suffers theft or loss of his Italian identity document, the Consular Office in Oslo can issue a temporary travel document, called ETD (Emergency Travel Document).
The ETD is valid for a single trip to return to Italy or to the foreign country of permanent residence (the latter must be proven by AIRE registration in that country).
To issue the provisional document it is necessary to present yourself at the Consular Chancellery of the Italian Embassy in Oslo during the opening hours to the public.
Documentation to present:
- ETD request form, which will be provided by the office and completed on site by the interested party.
- No. 2 color photographs, passport size (35×40 cm).
- Original report of theft/loss of passport/identity card presented to the Norwegian Police authorities.
- Presentation of an original identification document (e.g. driving licence). Alternatively: photocopy of the stolen/lost document.
- Airline ticket, or printout of your travel reservation, or boarding pass.
- The ETD fee must be paid in cash (see Consular fees).
In the case of ETDs to be issued to minors, a written consent document from both parents is required. If one of the parents is not an EU citizen, this parent’s signature must be notarized at the Consular Chancellery in Oslo or by an Italian Honorary Consul in Norway.
If an Italian citizen not resident in Iceland is on Icelandic territory without an Italian identity document following loss or theft, he or she can request an ETD at the French Embassy in Iceland.
With specific reference to Iceland, we remind you of the contact details of the Honorary Consul General of Italy, who can be contacted for any assistance:
Rosa Björg Jónsdóttir
Sudurlandsbraut 6 (2nd floor left) – Reykjavík
Postal address: P.O. Box 16 – 121 Reykjavik
Ph: (office) +354) 698 1223